Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Laurie Anderson's New Album

I would be really surprised if you haven't heard of this artist: Laurie Anderson.  She's Lou Reed's Wife. She has a new album out (her first in ten years) called "Home Land" . If you have not heard it, there are some tracks on YouTube. It is really refreshing to hear her talking about politics and the war in Iraq. My friend sent me this YouTube link and the majority of the text in this entry. I don't even know the name this new album, but if you check out the Democracy Now interview on YouTube there is a bit of it at the end. According to my friend, it's: "totally Brittany Spears and Lady Gaga inspired..."  (?!?) Hmmmm. Un Okay. That would be a little like Lou Reed being inspired by the work of The Backstreet Boys (or whatever the kids are listening to these days). [update: Okay, I get it now]

Check it!



"Trader" = "Traitor"

No comments:

Post a Comment